Philbin Sports Performance’s mission is to help athletes of all ages create a safe, effective, scientifically proven, and time efficient conditioning program that will allow them to reach their physical potential. Philbin Sports Performance’s programs are sports specific and take into consideration numerous variables that will help individualize each athletes’ specific goals and situation.
The program will take into consideration experience in all areas of physical attributes, equipment availability, and level of experience regarding strength, speed, and agility training. In addition, there will be a battery of physical tests which will help Philbin Sports Performance individualize a sports specific program.
These programs are intended for serious minded and dedicated athletes.
For all services fill out the free sign-up form below.
- Free On-line Strength and Conditioning Programs
- Personal Training 1 on 1 (available in MD/VA/DC)
- Speed & Agility Training for teams or groups
- Peak Athletic Performance (hands on workshops)
- NSPA Personal Training (CPT) and Conditioning Specialist (CCS) Speed & Agility Specialist (CSAS)
- COVID-19 Speed & Agility Camp | August 3rd-28th | Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:00am – 11:30am | 11-16 All Sports M/F | $180 for 12 sessions | Located at the Orchard Community Association Park in New Market, MD | Limited space so call 301-882-4201 to sign up today!
ABOUT COACH JOHN PHILBIN
Coach John Philbin has 35 years of professional experience as a performance specialist and is recognized by the NSCA with “Emeritus” status RSCC*E. He is the President of the National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA) and has served on the NSCA Maryland State Board the last 10 years.
- MLB: Yankees / Nationals / Padres (10 yrs)
- NFL: Washington Redskins (8 yrs)
- USOTC: Director Physical Training for Olympic Sports (4 yrs)
- USBSF: Olympic Head Coach / Director of Physical Training & Sports Science (4 yrs)
- Owner & CEO: Three largest Athletic Performance Centers in Mid-Atlantic region (6 yrs)
- WBA: Director of Physical Training & Nutrition 12 HBO World Championships (2 yrs)
- University of Maryland Athletic Department (2 yrs)
Coach Philbin is a former Olympian and All-American Decathlete Track & Field
- Member of the U.S. Olympic National Bobsled team
- Frostburg University Football team 4-year Team Captain/Honors
- All-American Track & Field Decathlete inducted into Hall of Fame
- Competitive power & Olympic lifter (USWF)
Coach Philbin has coordinated 15 International & National conferences as the president of NSPA and Maryland State Board member for the NSCA. He is the co-founder of NSPA/ASIA Educational Institution that based in Tokyo, Japan. Coach has lectured throughout Asia, Far-East, Middle East and Europe.
- Published three books and dozens of power, speed, agility articles.
- Co-author of NSPA post-rehabilitation / corrective exercise certification.
- Certified over 10,000 professional conditioning specialist & personal trainers.
- Certified thousands of physical education & high school coaches.
- Appeared on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX
- Articles in Washington Post, USA Today, PBSCCS, NSCA
Coach Philbin has a proven track record of success over 35 years that is scientifically and evidence-based research. Coach is an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Kinesiology at the Un. of Maryland where he teaches aspiring performance coaches current academic research in the areas of:
- Sports science & technology
- Rehabilitation & corrective modalities
- Exercise biomechanics & motor learning
- Physical training philosophies & applications
- Sports nutrition, supplements, and ergogenic aids
As a former Olympian & All-American Coach Philbin is familiar with what it takes to be a successful athlete:
- Set realistic-seasonally & achievable goals daily-weekly-monthly
- No matter the task or drill give 100% intent & focus
- Never be satisfied & always push yourself harder
- Attack every training session with urgency
- Always be humble and coachable
- Find your intrinsic motivation
- Be confident but don’t be cocky
- Never stop seeking knowledge and experience
- Continue to tweak your plan & exceed your expectations daily
- Make sure to do the little things that help in the long run
- Create balance in your life & avoid negativity it’s bad news
- Always show you’re appreciative to those who help you succeed
WHO WE TRAIN
Coach Philbin has been fortunate to have worked with hundreds of professional and Olympic athletes from across all major sports including: MLB, NFL, NBA, WBA, United States Olympic Teams, Rugby, Lacrosse, Track and Field, Tennis and more.
I feel very fortunate to have had Coach Philbin as my strength coach with the Nationals. He improved my athleticism and was a great motivator
Coach is the real deal … I promise you he will get you right!
Coach can simply take any athlete to the next level … he knows how to push my buttons & make me work harder to reach my goals!
I was fortunate to kick in the NFL for 14 seasons and Coach’s training techniques kept me healthy & strong!
Coach Philbin is known as the Doctor of strength & speed … he saved my NFL career and my Olympic dreams.
Coach kept me on the court and extended my career … he is the Best!
Coach Philbin’s Performance Center took my game to another level!
Philbin is the best conditioning Coach I ever had playing the NBA!
Coach knows how to motivate you and get the most of you every time we workout… I have never experience anyone better.
Coach Philbin was a tremendous asset to the Redskins and his knowledge of speed agility is exceptional and innovative.
I was fortunate to work with Coach while at the Nationals … his knowledge of conditioning and post-rehab is extensive and his ability to push athletes to another level.
Philbin has been an industry leader and in the forefront of power, speed, and agility acquisition.
Coach Philbin is constantly updating his research and challenging our students in his course Strength & Conditioning the Athlete.
Coach has extensive knowledge of the sports science arena which allows him the ability to diagnose and analyze data that is relative to the individual or team.
Philbin’s speed & agility knowledge is like no other. He applies current theories to fundamental drills and hard work.
Sign-up for Philbin Sports Performance services – take your athletic performance to the next level today!